- This event has passed.
Introduction to using Mixed Media Sketchbooks with Kate Boucher
March 13th 2023 - March 17th 2023£595
What is a sketchbook for? How do I use it and what do I put in it? Explore the answers to these fundamental questions and learn how to explore ideas and places on this five-day mixed-media course with Kate Boucher.
This course will explore different ways of using and keeping a sketchbook and will look at the process of developing ideas in a sequence using starting points, prompts, themes, objects and media. Across the five days you will be shown how a sketchbook can be used to explore an idea, to experiment and develop skills with different media, or record a period of time like a visual journal.
The course will begin with examples of Kate’s sketchbooks and those of other artists. Then, through a series of set tasks and demonstrations, you’ll begin to develop your own ideas in your sketchbook; understanding more about your own artistic sensibilities and creating a sketchbook that inspires you.
At the end of the week, you will have explored several ways of working in a sketchbook, learned the benefit of embracing ‘the accidental’ in your experimentation, and have a developing confidence in your ability to express your ideas within a sketchbook.
This course will:
- Help you feel more confident in developing your own artistic style through using a sketchbook.
- Help you to understand the process of using a sketchbook to develop ideas in sequence.
- Encourage an understanding of your own artistic voice and preferences.
- Encourage and equip you to develop an exploratory approach to creating art and mixing media.
- Help you to develop a personal approach to art-making in your sketchbook that feels enjoyable and expressive.